It’s hard to believe, but I’ve been doing this little blog for over a year now! Last year, I started a Thanksgiving tradition on the blog that I’d like to continue this year: focusing the Thanksgiving week posts on what I have to be grateful for related to my relationship. Today’s post will be about what I’m grateful for about my husband, and Friday’s will be about the things outside of my relationship that help it to function well. Hopefully these posts will help you as you consider what you have to be grateful for in your relationship. So here goes…
Things I’m Grateful for about My Husband:
- He is a terrific father. Seeing him with our daughter has brought me a whole new level of love and respect for him.
- He watches out for my well-being. When he sees that I am stressed, he finds ways to help me take a break.
- What’s important to me is important to him, and he respects my choices instead of trying to force me to do things his way.
- He makes me laugh on a regular basis, even when we disagree.
- After 5 years of marriage and 8 years together, we still enjoy each other’s company.
Obviously this only scratches the surface of the things I appreciate about my husband, but I’ll stop there. If you want to make your own list, even just mentally, you might want to take a look at last week’s post about making a thankfulness inventory.